Friday, August 3, 2012

I can NOT believe I will be 45 Sunday!  If the average male lifespan is 85 or even 90, MY LIFE IS HALF OVER!!  :(   I suppose it's time to have a mid-life crisis.  I've been putting it off since I turned 39... (thank you Mr. Benny!)  Maybe this is a good excuse to go out and buy a sports car.  Or another house.  OR, I could stay here and listen to a blow up argument over whether the address bar in Mozilla turns green or not, or why I haven't cashed in my vacations... (since I don't need them anyway, I suppose.)  And you thought it was only YOUR family??  LOL  As two of my favorite artists would sing, "I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning, and it's good to know it's out of my control.  If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go."

So how do I transition from THAT?  Hey, fake Motor Vehicle Division... if you don't put the name of your company in your junk mail, and attempt to make it look all "official," then obviously you are attempting deceit, and I refuse to do business with you.  I know you're selling motor vehicle warranties, which are worthless anyway.  But because of your deceitful practices, I don't even want to hear your sales pitch.  Please quit killing trees and filling landfills.  I will NOT call your 877 number... but I WILL post it here in case someone Google searches and comes across it, they can identify you.  877-692-5070

My next piece of advice for you, the reader, before I get back to the Olympics... 
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth.  Oh never mind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded.   But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You’re not as fat as you imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment