Tuesday, July 31, 2012

WOW!  All the news that's happening right now!  I guess if I wasn't blogging, it wouldn't seem like so much.  A church in Crystal Springs, Mississippi turning down a black couple who wanted to get married there... go figure!!  I suppose I've been living under a rock for so many years, but I must apologize to my "heavily pigmented" friends... seriously, I would have denied that would ever happen in this day and time.  These are the times I feel embarrassed to be white.  And I hear the couple regularly attended the church in question.  NOW I have to deny that those people are actually Christians.  Then again, maybe they don't profess to be?  Cause dey ain't... ;-)
And the Olympics... are you watching this!?!?  And now maybe the Chinese are cheating!  Does that surprise anyone?  They were caught several years ago, and now, with government backing, they say it's really easy to develop and use performance enhancing drugs that leave the body quite quickly.  NOT to say a woman could never beat a man swimming... but beating the world record by 5 seconds deserves some scrutiny...
And how about the ATF's Fast and Furious gun walking scandal?  Just give up and walk, Eric Holder.  If you won't give up the records, then OBVIOUSLY you have something to hide...
And I won't say much more (that hasn't been already said, anyway) about James Holmes.  I can't imaging how anyone would think anything LIKE that could be a good idea.  I'd like to smack him upside the head and yell "WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING??"  It's completely beyond my imagination to fathom doing something like that.  Like trying to picture what it's like to be God... my mind just can't stretch around it.  I CAN imagine that he thought about what might happen to himself, but I wonder if he ever stopped for one moment to think about the impact his actions would have on his family?  I mourn for the families that lost loved ones... but also for James Holmes family.  They have lost a son as well.  I have an 18 year old boy, and I love that boy like I love myself.  When I was a police officer, dead people didn't bother me.  I couldn't afford to LET it.  But now, with children of my own, I just can't see that stuff anymore.  I always see my own children in the faces of the dead.  The same with people that throw their lives away like James Holmes.  That could happen to ANY of us... that could be OUR children.
Let me tell you what... YOU may not believe in a God.  And looking around you daily may be your own evidence.  But I thank Him EVERYDAY for my children, and my family... they may not be mine tomorrow.  I try to do my very best to raise my children and live my life honoring a God with the values taught in His Word, and could try harder.  Don't even get me started with the Chick-fil-a fiasco.  I'll just remember to always stay far south of Chicago.  GO COWS!


No comments:

Post a Comment